VCMI has led and co-authored a number of publications on food waste (links below), with over 100,000 citations of its staggering $27 billion estimation of annual food waste in Canada. On December 10, 2014, VCMI released its latest report, which states that the actual quantifiable amount is $31 billion.
On October 4, 2016, VCMI released its latest report, which highlights the issue of food loss and waste (FLW) in Canada and, drawing on global comparisons, puts forward proposals to more effectively tackle food and associated wastes. It proposes how interactions within government and between government and industry be improved to enable the creation of an objective pragmatic roadmap for reducing FLW in Canada.
- OPMA – EarthFresh Food Waste Case Study – June 2017
- Food Waste – Aligning Government and Industry Within Value Chain Solutions – October 4, 2016
- Food Waste in Canada – $27 Billion Revisited – December 10, 2014
- Addressing Food Waste In Canada – July 2014
- Cut Waste GROW PROFIT – Food and Associated Wastes – May 2013
- The Importance of Quantifying Food Waste in Canada – April 2013 – by Majd Abdulla, Ralph C. Martin, Martin Gooch,and Eduardo Jovel
- Cut Waste Grow Profit – Food Waste Report – October 2012
- Food Waste in Canada – November 2010